Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 4 April 2020

The Ruts Apeldoorn Holland 18th January 1980


To go with te Militant Entertainment article here's a recording of The Ruts in Europe. Some 10 months after the RAR tour, the band were well and truly into their stride. Brash and confident they were just very, very good. If the NME journalist was predicting big things for The Ruts back in March '79 on the back of their gig at West Runton Pavilion, Heaven knows what superlatives he would have been trawling his thesaurus for six to ten months later.

I am really looking forward to doing a few Ruts DC gigs once we are allowed out to play again!

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-bBCFM0F0YG

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-P3kiPDKcIo

 01. Savage Circle 
02. Something That I Said 
03. I Ain't Sofisticated 
04. SUS
05. Demolition Dancing 
06. Backbiter 
07. Out of Order 
08. Jah War 
09. Criminal Mind 
10. Babylon's Burning 
11. Dope for Guns 
12. Staring at the Rude Boys 
13. H Eyes 
14. You're Just A...
15. It Was Cold
16. In a Rut
17. Society
18. Love Song
19. Human Punk

No comments:

Post a Comment