Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Wednesday 18 November 2020

Madness The Whisky Los Angeles 29th November 1979

 


And here we have Camden Town's Magnificent 7 performing on their first tour of the US. I would love to have seen them at this time.... preferably in the Dublin Castle with Guinness in hand.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-xcozD0Pyfh

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-nvrmUtL5uB

01. One Step Beyond
02. Mistakes
03. Believe Me
04. My Girl
05. Swan Lake
06. Razor Blade Alley
07. Rockin' in A Flat
08. Land of Hope and Glory
09. In the Middle of the Night
10 Bed and Breakfast Man
11 Tarzan’s Nuts
12 The Prince
13 Night Boat to Cairo
14 Madness
15. One Step Beyond

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! saw them a year later ay Hammy Odeon... my first proper gig aged 13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ! Thanks ! Seen them 15 years ago or so in Brittany. It was pretty cool though they weren't as fresh as back in the days :)

    ReplyDelete