Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 10 July 2011

JJ Burnel & Dave Greenfield Fire & Water Outtakes 1983

OK, here's the first appearance of a MIB side project and it's a good one. The project was commissioned as a film soundtrack. The film title was Ecoutez Vos Murs (Listen To Yor Walls). I have never seen this film but in JJ's own words it's a very weird film. I used to have a comtemporary interview with JJ from Oslo radio where he discussed this project briefly, but I can't lay my hands on it (anyone got it?).



Personally I love this album and suggested that some of this material would be excellent as a set at the November Convention. I would go further and suggest that a track like Nuclear Power would fit perfectly into a Stranglers set.

Take a look at this article penned by Chris Twomey for all the background on the Fire & Water album (extract from Strangled Vol. 2 No. 16).



NEW LINK: 

FLAC: http://we.tl/dK42XyvADR

01 Trois Pédophiles Pour Eric Satie 1
02 Détective Privé (instrumental)
03 Rain & Dole & Tea (instrumental)
04 Introduction 1
05 Dino Rap (instrumental)
06 Vladimir & Sergei (instrumental)
07 Trois Pédophiles Pour Eric Satie 2
08 Liberation (french version)
09 Trois Pédophiles Pour Eric Satie 3
10 Conséquences
11 Introduction 2
12 Le Soir
13 Trois Pédophiles Pour Eric Satie 4
14 Rain & Dole & Tea (french version)
Full artwork here:
Front
Back

4 comments:

  1. Please repost, i would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrian

    could you also reupload this one as well I have a ropey copy on cassette but would love to hear a clear version

    thanks a million again

    simonr

    ReplyDelete