Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 1 June 2020

20 From '82 (9) Action Pact John Peel Session 6th February 1982


An '82 Peel session from the brilliant Action Pact. Never saw then, dunno how I missed them. I do recall buying a copy of 'Mercury Theatre on the Air' in Rounder Records in Burgess Hill. It had been there for yonks. the woman who worked in there would regularly see me pick it up on a weekly basis and perhaps she took pity on me in the end and reduced the price to a level that I could afford!

WAV: https://we.tl/t-4Ha6JdiGJb

01. People
02. Cowslick Blues
03. Suicide Bag
04. Losers
05. Mindless Aggression

No comments:

Post a Comment