Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday, 10 October 2026

Town And Country Club, Kentish Town, London 17th February 1993

 


This is  the first of two night's the band played at Kentish Town's Town & Country Club in North London (the venue has long since gone under the name of The Forum). A word about the recording. Generally, it is of very good quality, but 'Burning Up Time' cuts in part way through and for some reason from 'English Towns' on, the volume is a bit lower, possibly due to movement in the crowd relative to the taper. Otherwise it is a good capture. Also of note is the inclusion of 'Mumble Jumble', a rarely played track, that was replaced in the set the following night by 'Mr Big'.


WAV: https://we.tl/t-ABp1PmzDPyjUR82P

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-nhhLVgcvaEmBJYbc





No comments:

Post a Comment