Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Friday, 9 October 2026

Eater Conference Circle, Wintergardens, Blackpool 7th August 2026

 

Okay, bringing things a little more up to date, with the gigs at least, if not the bands. Here are Finchley's finest, Eater, captured at Rebellion back in August. Eater, or at least the Andy Blade component of Eater do keep coming back. A few years ago a friend of a friend was drumming for them. Well, the band are back again.

I have never really taken the time to listen fully to Eater. Familiar with the singles, 'Outside View' and 'Thinking Of The USA' and an old tape of some demos they did, I should set aside some more time to listen to the Eater album.

Anyway, here they in Blackpool. many thanks to Chatts for the share!

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-dypEe0oFvshEDNBv

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-gSHQfAKWGDTGmkv2





No comments:

Post a Comment