Next weekend promises to be a test of my rock 'n' roll stamina, if indeed I have any these days. Saturday night sees the 100 Club hosting another 'Punk at 50' event. This one marking the venue's own seminal contribution to the birth of punk. We are talking about the 100 Club Punk Festival. On the night the music is to be provided by John Mckay's Reactor.... with luck we will be spared a twenty minute howl through the Lord's Prayer! I am not sure whether John was there on the night, but TV Smith certainly was and his Adverts set is sure to be brilliant (they always are). Host for the night is Marco, who was most definitely there and on the stage to boot, strumming with Suzie and the Banshees.
In keeping with the original, this is also a two night festival. The first night (Friday 18th) features X Generation X and the Stinky Toys hosted by Terry Chimes (formerly of The Clash).
Then the fun starts. I need to be up at three the following morning to get the first flight out to Berlin in order to see Anja Huwe (for the first time since seeing her with Xmal Deutschland in 1986). Really looking forward to this. I have plugged it on here already, but her solo album 'Codes' is fantastic. I will have to see whether I can stomach a Red Bull!


Have a great couple of days Adrian and I look forward to your reviews in due course. Regards Stephen Baker
ReplyDelete