Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday, 5 September 2026

The Courettes 100 Club London 4th September 2026

 


Another 100 Club night for Gunta and I last night in the company of the eternally touring Courettes, the noisiest couple on the street! Described as the Ronettes meets the Ramones, I would add to that the fact that The Cramps occasionally pop in for tea! The Courettes appeal is not just in the music they play... which is very different... very niche, visually they put on a hell of a show. Martin's drumming ruthlessly pins down Flávia's garage rock guitar as he spirit channels Ringo Starr into the famed Oxford Street basement. I know that technically Ringo's spirit is not yet available for channelling, but you get the point. He plays the kit hard!


The band have so much energy they are exhausting to watch! Whilst the awkward configuration of the 100 Club stage may have restricted Flávia a little bit it did not stop her doing her crowd surfing guitar bit.

'Boom Boom Boom'/'Trash Can Honey'
100 Club, London 4th September 2026


A great night... the support were good to, the punchily named 'Bruno and the Outrageous Methods of Presentation' who we were informed by Mo this morning that we had seem previously (or at least elements in the band) previously at the Lexington in London when they played with Ombudsmen.

'Boom Dynamite'
100 Club, London 4th September 2026

Unfortunately, I cut off the tremendous 'Boom Dynamite' before the end.


Boom... Dynamite!


No comments:

Post a Comment