Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Tuesday 24 September 2024

The Damned Barrowlands Glasgow 30th June 1989

 

The Damned surely are the masters of the reformation. I mean, they first did it way back in 1978, just when multitudes of second wave punk bands were plugging in their guitars for the first time. The Damned had two stabs with the original line up in 1988 and 1989. I really enjoyed these gigs as they were my first time seeing the band with not only Brian James but also with Sensible (having missed his 10th Anniversary cameo... I went on the Saturday to Finsbury Park). 

I have mentioned elsewhare in a Damned post on here that these gigs were the reason why I didn't opt to see  the reunion gigs of 2022, figuring which gigs would likely be best? Damned Damned Damned performed by a band in their 30's or by a band in their late 60's. A silly thought process I know. I must sit down at some point and play an '88/'89 show back to back with a 2022 gig to see how they compared. In the end I was the one who lost out since by the time that the 2022 shows came around, The Damned were at long last able and willing to acknowledge that they did in fact release a second album! At the end of the '80's in their eyes, 'Music For Pleasure' did not exist!

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-Mk3WxVyeRv

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-T4qerSGLuq



No comments:

Post a Comment