Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 28 August 2023

The Ramonas Empress Ballroom Blackpool 4th August 2023

 


Now here's a fine band which unfortunately I missed this year (well, they did come on at 12.50 in the morning!). I did see them a few years ago supporting The Skids I think it was and they were great and really great girls as well when we chatted at the merch stand. It is good that they have made a great effort not to be shackled by the Ramones association as they are so much more than a plain old tribute band. Take a listen to some of their solo material, it's really good stuff!

Thanks to Chatts for the share.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-P8i2l6rU7i

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-Ywy3PhqZPW

01. Intro/Durango 95
02. Lobotomy
03. Psycho Therapy
04. Blitzkrieg Bop
05. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
06. Havana Affair
07. Glad To See You Go
08. Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
09. We Want The Airwaves
10. Rockaway Beach
11. Bonzo Goes To Bitburg
12. Loser
13. Consumed
14. Filth
15. So Called This, So Called That
16. Rock ‘N’ Roll High School
17. I Wanna Be Sedated
18. The KKK Took My Baby Away
19. Commando
20. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
21. Let’s Dance
22. Pet Cemetery
23. Endless Vacation
24. We’re A Happy Family
25. Chinese Rocks
26. Beat On The Brat
27. Pinhead

No comments:

Post a Comment