Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 20 August 2023

Splodgenessabounds Pavilion Blackpool 3rd August 2023


No Rebellion would be complete without the presence of Max Splodge. This year as always Max earned his beer money with an appearance with Splodge as well as an acoustic turn in the Spanish Hall, not forgetting of course a daily, early afternoon bingo fix! There is something, dare I say it, charming about Splodgenessabounds. They were writing and performing their very English kitchen sink dramas when the likes of Half man Half Biscuit were still at school! Early classics such as 'I Fell In Love With A Female Plumber From Harlesden NW10' and the later torment of 'My Socks Gone Down My Shoe'. Great stuff. Long may Max continue to stagger through the venues of The Winter Gardens.

Many thanks to Peter's recording of the band's set in the Pavilion. Cheers!

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-v9gt5PLlzw

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-NSR0mp8L94

01. Intro
02. Bloody Disgrace
03. Scrapyard
04. My Socks Gone To My Shoe
05. I Fell In Love With A Female Plumber From Harlendsen Nw10
06. Tough Shit Wilson
07. Go The Whole Hog
08. Answers On A Postcard
09. Mongolian Civil War
10. Mongols On The Street Of London
11. Having A Beer
12. Step Inside
13.Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps

1 comment:

  1. Hi can you please post the stranglers Shepherds Bush Empire 1994

    ReplyDelete