Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Friday 8 November 2019

999 Lyceum Ballroom London 8th August 1982


I was very happy to stumble over this one recently as I have not seen many 999 bootlegs post 1981. This one is especially interest as not only is it of excellent quality, but the set is very adventurous. The '13th Floor Madness' album was on the horizon. Indeed, 'Arabesque' and 'Custer's Last Stand' feature, but also 'Obsessed' and 'Wild Sun', along with the song 'Blaze of Noon' which to the best of my knowledge has only ever appeared on the 1984 'Identity Parade' compilation album. The last four songs mentioned had a loose Wild West theme running through them..... missing is the single 'Indian Reservation'!.

It is noteworthy to say that whilst in the studio 999 were about to make a big departure in sound, on stage they knew what their audiences wanted, then as now.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-RK88hFbZsb

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-u53eTXxVZC

01. Inside Out
02. Let's Face It
03. Obsessed
04. Arabesque
05. Boys in the Gang
06. Custer's Last Stand
07. Feelin' Alright with the Crew
08. Blaze of Noon
09. Don't You Know I Need You
10. Titanic Reaction
11. English Wipeout
12. Emergency
13. Nasty Nasty
14. Homicide
15. Wild Sun
16. My Street Stinks
17. I'm Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment