Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 17 June 2017

JJ Burnel Festival La Printemps De Bourges 6th April 1989


In 1989, JJ released 'Un Jour Partfait'. This coincided with Gunta and I coming together, so in many ways this became our album. As an album it has some wonderful songs, rather of its time but it gave a clear indication that a rather mellowed Jean Jacques was still capable of penning some great material.

This being an album predominantly in the French language, it was to France that our Gallic hero headed for a handful of dates with stallwarts, Dave Greenfield, Alex Gifford and John Ellis in tow. I had my passport in hand for one of these but to my eternal regret I did not go in the end.

As I said in an earlier post here's one for the Remainers then as we prepare the divorce papers. Many thanks to Eric for the great work!

WAV: https://we.tl/8kVYaaYR2k




No comments:

Post a Comment