Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Friday 8 January 2016

The Cliffs Pavilion Southend 20th March 1990

Sorry, I had an email recently from someone but have mislaid it. It concerned the offer of an audience recording from the '10 Tour' of the band at The Cliffs Pavilion in sunny Southend. Well, I can tell you that I already have a good quality version of this which runs to 23 tracks. I can upload it this weekend, as I understand that your version is not currently digitised.

Adrian.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian, that was me. The full gig was 23 tracks (a really good mix of songs). I will try and get it digitised asap, for comparison
    I'm currently going through a number of tapes and getting them digitised. As for the gig, Hugh seemed on very good form (no sign of his impending departure a few gigs later?). I do remember JJ breaking a string during Sewer, but you'd hardly notice! Interesting tho Hugh also mentions gigs in Southend years earlier but none have surface that I've seen? Cheers KJAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the link I sent you to the my copy of the Southend gig?
    KJAM

    ReplyDelete