Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 26 January 2014

My New Blog: L/Cpl James Kitchener Heath No. 5051929 A Fragmented Military History 1940 to 1945


I have finally embarked on another on-line project, that I have been meaning to get around to for a number of years now. Admittedly, the new blog that I have created is rather personal, in that it concerns solely my late Grandfather's military history between 1940 and 1945 (more accurately 1946 by the time he was finally released to the Army Reserve). Constructed mainly for myself and members of my family, it may be of passing interest to anyone with a leaning towards personal military histories of another soldier of the Second Worlds War's 'P.B.I' (that is the Poor Bloody Infantry). It will not be an extensive site as his activities in the war years are not so well known and poorly documented as well, as suggested by the title of 'A Fragmented Military History'. It will though I hope shed a little more light on the life of an ordinary man who 'did his bit' when the country required it of him.

If you care to take a look, the link is here:

http://jameskitchenerheath5051929.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading this with interest, your family ties to stoke-on trent, my home, makes it even more inspiring to follow,not only that I love history, thanks for sharing, and look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just a long shot but is this the same James who married Noel and lived in Salisbury?

    ReplyDelete