Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 8 July 2012

Lossless Recordings

Given my recent experiences with a proportion of my collection and knowing how passionately the debate concerning lossless and mp3 upload formats continues in on-line music sharing circles I plan a slight change to the way in which I continue to upload.

Going forward each upload will be made in two formats:

Good Quality MP3 (192 kbps) - for those that wish to transfer straight to devices
Lossless FLAC Level 8 - for the audiophiles and the anal collectors!

To date I have only posted retained lossless format where specifically requested to do so by the original uploaders, I think that where known, this preference should be honoured. Other posts have been in highest quality 320 kbps. In order to speed up the process a little, as indicated the MP3 files will remain high quality but at 192 kbps.

The choice is then yours.

Thanks,

Adrian.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian
    MP3 Files are the best way for me.
    Keep up the good work.

    Thanks
    Dave West Bromwich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always found that mp3's when converted to audio cd's produce a perfectly acceptable sound quality (especially on soundboard and fm recordings). As long as you have reasonable quality stereo equipment it shouldn't be a problem. Unless you have a hearing range similar to a dog I can't see the point of the debate.

    keep up the good work.

    cheers

    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are right there Shaun, especially for somewhat gig damaged ears! Nevertheless, the debate goes on so I am happy to do both.

    ReplyDelete