Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Friday, 7 August 2026

Rotterdam Festival Stockholm August 1977

 


Always something of a mystery this one. Occurring on an unspecified date in August 1977 this free (?) festival features a blistering 'No More Heroes' era set. The only problem with this one is that the sound quality is pretty poor. As such, although there is a small error in Meanie's artwork ('No More Heroes' and 'Sometimes' are in the wrong order), the quality of the recording does not really warrent the time and effort to put the error right.

Still it is The Stranglers in 1977 and therefore it deserves a listen... even if just the once!

Oh, and can anyone confirm or dispel whether or not a 'Rotterdam' festival took place in Stockholm?




No comments:

Post a Comment