Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Friday 21 April 2023

Jake Burns And The Big Wheel The Mean Fiddler Harlesden London 24th September 1987

 


Here's a bit of a rarity I guess. As Stiff Little Fingers close another UK tour, this looks back on that period before the band reformed. This performance was at the intimate Mean Fiddler in Harlseden, a small Irish Club in North London that was one of the best small venues (although a bugger to get to) there was at the time. The club closed in 2000. Just three months after this gig I saw SLF for the first time just down the road from Harlesden at the National in Kilburn. I thought the Big Wheel were a great band and it is a shame that there is not more of them on record or in the live record for that mater.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-GToHl92nGM

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-MDbfR4qZcH



No comments:

Post a Comment