Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 10 June 2021

Siouxsie & The Banshees St James' Church London 10th April 1985

 

Here's a pretty famed Banshee's gig performed on the hallowed ground of St James's Church in London's Picadilly. The gig was a benefit for Pete Townsend's anti-heroin, set up at a time when heroin was a huge problem in UK cities.

This period of the Banshees never really did it for me, give me the early material or the later stuff... but each to their own.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-lGv0tubflb

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-ud0JjJLvO9

Icon
Cascade
Pointing Bone
Cannons
Swimming Horses
The Sweetest Chill
Night Shift
92°
Partys Fall
This Unrest
Take Me Back
Mother
I Promise
Bring Me the Head of the Preacher Man
Painted Bird
Halloween
Sin In My Heart
Monitor
Israel


3 comments:

  1. I posted the audience version of this on Dime, at the end of November last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have this vinyl. Always loved the artwork and gig so a big thankyou for this to play at lesiure anywhere I go. Cheers George

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK & HOW I GOT MY EX LOVER. BACK I want to thank Dr Omokpo for saving my marriage. My husband treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my husband has changed towards me. Then he told me to contact: {dromokpo@gmail.com}that he will help me bring my husband back to being a good man. That this great man helped her too.

    Then I gave him a try. after 3 days of casting the spell my husband came back home and I forgive him and today we are living in joy and happiness If you are going through any relationship stress or broken marriage situation and you want your Ex lover, Ex boyfriend, Ex girlfriend or Divorced husband or wife back you reach him via: dromokpo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete