Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 4 August 2018

New Capacity - New Charges

Hi Folks,

Those that have been following and/or visiting this site over the seven years that it has been up and running will know of the trials and tribulations that the host of such a site can face. The biggest issue has been with the selection of a stable and reputable file sharing partner. I along with many others got stung when the FBI closed down Megaupload. The lost data was largely re-posted on Rapidshare but in time that site too implemented changes that intimately made the site unfit for this purpose. However, on transferring to WeTransfer I appear to have a solid and reliable file host that allows this site to operate in the way that it does.

I think that this is one of the main reasons why so many great sites have over time ceased to be active.

The really good news is that WeTransfer have now done what I have been hoping that they would do for a long time and that is to increase the storage availability on their Plus accounts. For me, this means that I now have at my disposal almost a terabyte of capacity of which approximately 18% is taken up with the files that are currently live on the site. This means that I have now a lot of additional capacity! This gives me the opportunity, finally, to reactivate all of the older dead links such that in time (and it does take time) everything that has been uploaded since July 2011 to date will be accessible.

As ever as a have reluctantly mentioned annually there are costs associated with maintaining the two WeTransfer accounts. Rather than repeat the information, please take a look at the details which can be seen in the panel on the right hand side of the site. All I will reemphasise is that this is a non-profit making site. The donations made each year have covered some but not all of the costs.

So, just to say thanks to all those who have stuck with the Aural Scultors site. Especial thanks goes to those who comment and donate, be that in the form of hard earned cash or interesting recordings to share (both tapers and collectors!).

Have a great weekend!

Adrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment