Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Tuesday 24 December 2013

Rock School Gig At The Half Moon in Bishops Stortford 22nd December 2013


First and foremost, this has nothing to do with the fund raising songs that have been posted on this site. Initially, when I suggested that I would upload a song from this gig, Rudi said that 'Who is going to want to see someone dressed as a geography teacher playing awful songs'. It's a fair point, but I would like to point out that his choice of clothing is his.... how do you rebel against punky parents? Drape yourself in tweed and corduroy (elbow patches optional) that's what! It is true that due to a bout of pneumonia he missed lessons and therefore had no influence over the songs to be played.

Good to see that Rudi has really persevered with the bass and he now plays in a relaxed and confident manner, which is more than I could ever do!!

Super Duper Love by Joss Stone
(Rudi on bass)
Half Moon, Bishops Stortford 22nd December 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment