Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 8 April 2012

.... And Whilst On The Subject Of Bordeaux


Rather than a straight forward replacing of a broken link, I thought that this was worthy of its own post.

Sometime back, a recording emerged for which the background was unclear. The date and venue were originally unknown to most. That the recording came from The Raven tour and the band were playing in the city of Bordeaux was evident from the set and Hugh's comments. The date was eventually pinned down to 16th November 1979, but as far as I am aware the venue remained a mystery to collectors. What is important about this recording is that it is the best to have emerged from that period.

Last week I received an email from Laurent in France who sent the above ticket scan which confirms the venue as Grand Parc. This was one of Laurent's first gigs. Any recollections?

Link to remastered recording: https://auralsculptors.blogspot.com/2019/09/repost-salle-des-fetes-du-grand-parc.html

6 comments:

  1. hi adrian

    thanks for this i sent you an e-mail regarding 2 h cornwell shows let me know please

    simonr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot !
    I'm going to see the Stranglers Friday, April 13th in Paris !

    Laurent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great gig, thanks again Adrian.
    Meanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody Hell!! Thanks for this download bud. It's fucking brilliant, one of the best boots I've ever heard. Thanks again :-)

    BH (a happy chap)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here's another happy chappy - ta muchly, Adrian! Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, this is great. Thanks for sharing. Don't suppose you have a recording of the Derby Assembly Rooms Gig from 1979? My first Stranglers gig but certainly not my last

    ReplyDelete