Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 28 June 2020

Attila The Stockbroker Manhatten Club Bradford 7th February 1983



And as promised here is Attila's set. Set-wise it is very similar to the live side of 'Ranting at the Nation' with a couple of additions that were new to me. There are also a couple of tracks in the set that appeared in his John Peel Session that was recorded the following month.



01. Radio Rap
02. Hands Off Our Halibut
03. Gentlemen Of The Wrist
04. Contributory Negligence
05. Nigel Wants To Go To C&A
06. Albanian Football
07. England Are Back
08. Spies And Small Animals
09. Love
10. Et Laxative
11. ‘Commutors’
12. Nigel Wants To Go And See Simple Minds
13. Fifth Column
14. Burn It Down
15. Flapping In The Wind
16. California Uber Alles
17. A Bang And A Wimpy
18. I Don’t Talk To Popstars

No comments:

Post a Comment