Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 1 June 2020

20 From '82(8) Peter and the Test Tube Babies Skunx London 11th April 1982


Leather jacket and docs with red laces.....

Very pleased to receive this donated file (Cheers!!). The Test Tubes were my local band and whilst I did not see them until early 1985 (Sunday lunchtime at the Richmond Hotel for 50p), their debut, the live 'Pissed and Proud' was a very important album for me and my mates at back in 1982. By the time that 'The Mating Sounds of South American Frogs' came out the following year we were all hooked... it is still one of my all-time favourite albums!

The file indicates that this gig was played on 5th April 1982 although the ad seems to indicate that the gig was on Sunday 11th April... who knows.... who cares!

MP3 (as received): https://we.tl/t-YILdsEUSQN

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-gg5wjTUKM4

01. Moped Lads
02. Banned From The Pubs
03. Elvis Is Dead
04. Up Yer Bum
05. Run Like Hell
06. Peacehaven Wild Kids
07. Keep Britain Untidy
08. T.Q.G.G.B.J.
09. Intensive Care
10. Transvesite
11. Maniac
12. Leader Of The Gang (I Am)

No comments:

Post a Comment