Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 3 September 2012

Sex Pistols Hammersmith Apollo, London 2nd September 2008


Just beyond an anniversary gig.... and here's Johnny!!

The Pistols got back to small gigs at this time (OK not that small but not aircraft hangers if you get my meaning). Personally I dislike this venue passionately, so I wasn't in the crowd on this occasion. The sound is a little distorted, but it's a nice to have if you were there.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-lG5hvkOMyv

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-s0KDM1j1QH

1. Intro
2. Pretty Vacountry
3. Pretty Vacant
4. I'm A Lazy Sod
5. No Feelings
6. New York
7. Did You No Wrong
8. Liar
9. Holidays In The Sun
10. Baghdad Was A Blast
11. Submission
12. Steppin’ Stone
13. No Fun
14. Problems
15. Happy Birthday
16. God Save The Queen
17. EMI

1. Encore Break
2. Bodies
3. Anarchy In The UK
4. Encore Break
5. Silver Machine
6. Roadrunner
7. From The Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment