Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 15 September 2012

Dom Sportova Zagreb, 22nd May 1990


It was my intention to put up another '10' tour recording this morning, but that one will have to wait. Instead, having just returned from a business trip from Zagreb, I thought this one was appropriate. This show was recorded less than 12 months before war tour the region apart, ultimately resulting in the disintegration of Yugoslavia. Those who attended the gigs in both Belgrade and Zagreb reported that the tensions in the area were clearly rising at this time.

On the music front,  the end is nigh.... as far as Hugh's tenure in the band was concerned. I loved the set that the band chose to play on that tour, the opening being stronger than any other that I had seen to date.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-NJgro2XclR

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-YelJSNMyYl

01. Intro
02. Shah Shah A Go Go
03. I Feel Like A Wog
04. Straighten Out
05. Shakin' Like A Leaf
06. 96 Tears
07. Someone Like You
08. Sweet Smell Of Success
09. Always The Sun
10. Strange Little Girl
11. Peaches
12. Where I Live
13. School Mam
14. Let's Celebrate
15. Uptown
16. Tank
17. Was It You?
18. Down In The Sewer
19.Golden Brown
20. Nuclear Device
21. Duchess (Cut)

No comments:

Post a Comment