Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 19 October 2023

Mountain Studio Demos March 1976 (Remaster)

 


The keen eyed or at least sharper memoried of you will notice that this demo has been posted on here before. However, I was contacted recently by a chap called Mick who has remastered quite a lot of stuff... a technical proficiency way beyond my comprehension... eh DomP! Listening to this through, this is clearly a brighter collection of songs that were posted originally. Many thanks Mick for the share!

I am guessing (in a hopefully educated manner) that Mountain Studios were in fact Mountain Sound Studios in Snowdonia, owned by Ian Gomm,  formally of Pub Rock giants, Brinsley Schwarz and established after the band parted ways. In terms of timelines this would make perfect sense and The Stranglers would have rubbed shoulders with members of Brinsley Schwarz on the London Pub Rock circuit in the 12 months preceding this demos session.

The session itself is priceless, a snapshot of a band on the verge of breaking on the one hand but still very raw. That 'Stranglers sound' is there but not as yet as we would come to know and to love it. 

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-gfTJhssmly

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-TsRyFnRZ3q

01. Peaches
02. Down In The Sewer
03. Bitching
04. Tomorrow Was (The Hereafter)




4 comments:

  1. If anyone wants any concerts remastered then just let Adrian or me know, I have done everything from Damned, Pil, Pistols ,Banshees to GBH, Discharge, Flux, Circle jerks, DOA, Bad Brains. etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, nice alternative to Peaches. Noticed that Brixton 1991 has recently cropped up on dime, any chance of a upload of it here? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not one I have yet, but if one pops up ill master it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can send you it, Brixton 91, i uploaded it .

    ReplyDelete