Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 9 July 2023

Subway Karlsruhe Germany 17th November 1995

 


I had a recent request for an upload of the 'About Time' gig at Rock City in Nottingham. I would happily oblige were I to have it. If anyone is happy to send it to me I will be pleased to add it to the site. 

Here's a substitute from Germany.

Whilst searching on line for suitable images to use for artwork purposes I am constantly amused that the arguments of Hugh versus Paul as vocalist or Baz versus Hugh as guitarist/vocalist still have legs!

I would just say all opinions are valid (I am one of the most opinionated people that I know on a multitude of subjects!). My recommendation is to take what you enjoy and appreciate it, at the same time keep the stuff that does not float your particular boat at arms length for the benefit of the appreciators. The career of The Stranglers is a little bit like European history with ample room for Reformations, Renaissances and Enlightenments.... and the occasional Inquisition!

Thanks to Alarmfan, the original Dime uploader.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-0JZy1or1jN

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-P99zWkJotZ



1 comment:

  1. Feel 'about time is always overlooked as an album. Can we get something from 1989 please great work Musky

    ReplyDelete