Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 26 June 2022

Hit Kwiss German TV Appearances December 1977 and March 1978 (Broadcast)

 

I searched the site to see whether I had shared this in the past and I cannot see that I have. If that is the case, that is mad as this was a recent discovery of early TV footage that I had not seen in my 41 years of following the band. The footage was sent to me by some star about three years ago.

According to the IMDb web site, 'Hit Kwiss' was a short lived West German TV series. Broadcast between 1976 and 1978, the programme was a game show, music mix.

From the information that was provided at the time, the 'No More Heroes' footage was broadcast on 3rd December 1977 whilst the 'Grip' footage was only broadcast on 11th March 1978. However, clearly the footage was recorded on the same day..... same clothes (black string shirt, Trotsky shirt) and same hired instruments.

Clearly the band are on good form and good terms, confident that they are riding the crest of the new wave.


Captions welcome on this one!

Previously some inferior footage was available on Youtube for one of the songs, but this is top drawer. I wonder how may of these 'lost' appearances there are yet to discover.

I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did!



01. No More Heroes
02. (Get A) Grip (On Yourself)



1 comment:

  1. Great footage with some strangely-timed applause. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete