Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 26 September 2013

File Sharing Update



Hi All,

From what I can gather from information obtained from Rapidshare, whilst the existing data (504 files representing 84 GB of data ) remain available, the existing links are no longer functional!! For this reason, it seems that of the Rapidshare account is no longer the best option for this site (if indeed in this sensitive file sharing climate a long term option exists at all).

I will try to accommodate as many email requests for specific existing gigs as I can, but please be patient, I am quite a busy man.

I have today signed up for a years access to We Transfer. This site will permanently retain new data (provided that they are paid of course), but on the downside, at the moment  the facility is limited to 50 GB (i.e. less than has been uploaded to date :(  )

Having gone through the Megasearch debarcle in the early days of the site (when much less data was lost that is possible now) I am understandably a bit downhearted about the whole enterprise at the moment. With luck, We Transfer may increase their capacity, I don't know.... We shall see how it goes for now.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks as always for your encouragement and support.

Yours, pissed off,

Adrian.

14 comments:

  1. Whoops, this comment should have gone here ... Hi Adrian, long time, and first up, in the words of the great LKJ "doan fret, doan get depres' an' doun-hearted" - you're doing a great job in keeping outstanding music free for fans, and "dats a verra fine ting". The trials and tribulations of filehosts are there to test us ... good choice to go for wetransfer whose service has much impressed me and avoids all of the download limitations. Crackin' speed too - having just started the Duffy's Minneapolis download from Rapidshit - an announced 12 hour download at 11.2 KB/s, and yes, the link is still up - I had just got the Korakuen (for which many thanks) from wetransfer at a blistering 444 KB/s, just about the fastest I have ever seen.

    So, way to go, and keep your pecker up!

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Good to hear from you again and thanks for the words of encouragement and support. Am I correct in thinking that the links are still functional, but only at a snails pace? Please can you try a non Stranglers link and see if that works. I have tried various linking processes and to be honest at this stage I am not sure quite what I have done! Glad you took the Duffy's gig, it's a gem and if it does take too long let me know and I will get it to you via another means. For sure, We Transfer is highly impressive, the only downside is the 50GB limitation, but who knows as their popularity increases as a result of superior performance and the difficulties of rival sites, they may see fit to up the storage capacity....

      Anyway, thanksand stay in touch.

      Adrian.

      Delete
  2. keep going matey I know we haven't always agreed [think fb3 ] but I really appreciate what your doing so keep your chin up love kisses and things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your support and no hard feelings!. FB3 are great just believe me :)
      It's a frustrating business for sure, but my intention is to continue but you'll just have to bear with me as I try to find the best options available. Cheers, Adrian.

      Delete
  3. Keep going Adrian. Those of us who have less computer nouse and access to great material salute you and support you in your struggle against "the man".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for the supportive words! I'll see what I can do, but it is as I said a pain in the arse sometimes to keep on top of it all. Please bear with me. Cheers, Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the work you have put in hope you keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adrian,
    You have done a fantastic job over many years now....yep it's been a long time since I first ran across Adriana. Always appreciated your tireless efforts. With that in mind and based on storage limitations I am more than happy to help out where I can. If you need extra wetransfer storage I'm happy to open and pay the costs for a wetransfer plus account as I've just given rapidshare the flick myself and got a refund. Up to you my friend, offers there if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meanie, thanks as always for the support and the kind offer to share costs. For now it's OK. I'll run We Transfer upto the limit. I hope that they will sieze the oppotunity and increase the storage offer before I get there! Cheers, Adrian

      Delete
  7. hi i've tried one of the other links you have on your great site-modern eon live-sessions and was shocked when it said 6 hours to download what is r/s up too if you could at some point repost the richard skinner session when you have the time it would be appreciated. Keep up the good work thanks again-PODCARLISLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx a lot Adrian! Cheers from Italy. Bye Davideinblack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ta muchly for your comment, Adrian. Unfortunately, I gave up on the Duffys from Rapidshit after three hours (9 to go ...) - if it's a goodie as you say, any chance of re-upping via wetransfer?

    Ta muchly, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS: Duffys link was/ia still up but snail's pace indeed. I'll try a non-Stranglers RS link tomorrow and let you know .. cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Adrian, and many thanks for the Duffys. I've since tried the RS link for the Attila session, mp3 version as it was going to take hours - and yes indeed: having started out at a goodish 173 kbps, the download rapidly (!) descended to a measly 11 kbps and stayed there (until I gave up). So the links seem to be up, but the speed is throttled to impractical levels ... ratbags! Thanks again, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete