Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 15 August 2024

Intermission - A Explanation

 

Adrian modelling the central line cannula.

Over the 13 year lifetime of the Aural Sculptures site I have made concerted efforts to ensure that the site has been updated pretty regularly with new material uploaded. In that time there has been some down time due to holidays etc, but I think that the latest interval has been the longest. The reason for this is that I found myself in the back of an ambulance one Saturday night last month. For the next three weeks I was  bouncing between Intensive Care, the High Dependency Unit and normal wards, sometimes compos mentis but at other times an involuntary traveler in a world seemingly drawn from the imagination of Lewis Carrol!! Could've been the morphine! Anyway, I am out of hospital, back home and hopefully on the road to making a full recovery.

Thanks for your patience.

Adrian.

15 comments:

  1. Best wishes and good health

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy recovery 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Well soon, Take things at your own pace, Good things are worth waiting for

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are okay Adrian, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care mate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. take care of yourself and get well soon. best wishes for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get better ..soon..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best Adrian! Krisinblack

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes,and thanks for the brilliant site

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! Hope you are recovering comfortably!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tout le meilleur pour toi et bon rétablissement from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're well on the road to recovery, Adrian. The site is brilliant of course, we'd be lost without it. Thank you. Incidentally, I contacted you by email a few months back, I'm trying to get some money to you. I'll email again in a week or two, feel it's necessary to send you some money to help keep the site running. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really sorry to hear that mate, it sounds like you've had a torrid time. A similar thing happened to me a few years back and I've slowed down somewhat since. Please look after yourself and listen to what your body is telling you.

    ReplyDelete