Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 24 August 2024

Entermedia Theater New York 27th July 1978

 


I posted this gig on here a few weeks ago (here) at which point I had it filed as a gig in New York in a venue unknown that took place on 7th March 1978. Since them, Krisinblack contacted me to confirm that in fact this was the band's debut gig in the Big Apple and furthermore, he was able to provide the gig advert that I have now incorporated into some updated artwork.

In addition to that, a couple of days ago I stumbled upon a review of the very same gig in the pages of the 19th August 1978 issue of Record Mirror in which one Jim Farber wrote a scathing, highly unflattering opinion of the band and the night's entertainment. This recording has had a DomP treatment and as such sounds great for its age and completely at odds with the viewpoint of Mr Farber!

Record Mirror (19th August 1978)




2 comments:

  1. Amazing finds! i hope you posted my remaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for altering the artwork with my advert! Cheers
    Krisinblack

    ReplyDelete