Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Wednesday 28 August 2024

Modern Eon - Radio Sessions and Live in 1981- UPDATE

 


Some days ago I was requested to update a couple of dead links associated with an early post that I did back in 2012 on Liverpool band, Modern Eon. Try as I might, I was unable to locate the original files which resulted in an appeal for help to which you responded. I would like to thank here Pod who sent over replacement files.

Whilst these new files are in MP3 format, they are of excellent quality, and more complete than what I had previously posted. 'Second Still' and 'Watching The Dancers' in Liverpool are here whereas these two songs were missing from the original post and the Dutch gig from Groningen is new.

There is one thing puzzling me here. Modern Eon were tour support for The Stranglers in February 1981. Records show that The Stranglers played at Liverpool University on 20th February and Manchester Apollo the following night on 21st. And yet, according to these files, Modern Eon played Liverpool's Royal Court Theatre on 21st. Maybe the band raced back to Liverpool to perform a headline slot after the manchested support?

So, here you have it, I am no expert on Modern Eon, but I would imagine that aside from official studio recordings, the material here would be pretty much the extent of what is out there for the band.

Thanks again for the help.

MP3: https://we.tl/t-r4EiBLC8NO

John Peel Session 21st January 1981

01. Real Hymn
02. The Grass Will Grow
03. High Noon
04. Mechanic

Richard Skinner Session 10th September 1981

01. The Foist
02. Garland Leaves
03. After The Party
04. From The Window

Royal Court Liverpool 21st February 1981

01. Second Still
02. Watching The Dancers
03. Waiting For The Cavalry
04. Mechanic
05. Choreography
06. Euthentics
07. Real Hymn

Sterrebos Groningen 23rd August 1981

01. Choreography
02. Playwrite
03. Child’s Play
04. High Noon
05. Real Hymn
06. After The Party

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian Glad To Help And Return The Favour For All The Great Stuff I've Had Off You.. Keep Up The Great Work.. Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many thanks to all concerned for re-uploading the music.

    ReplyDelete