Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Tuesday 25 January 2022

Gen X Kiss Me Deadly Demos

 


It is rare for me to take against a first wave British punk band, but for some reason Generation X are my exception. I dunno what to put it down to. It couldn't have been Billy Idol's cod Elvis sneer... all the punk bands were sneering in a similar manner at the time. It's not as though Billy Idol was the only one to decamp to the US to become a 'metal' star.... Steve Jones grew his hair and did the very same thing. The singles conformed to expectations I guess.... whatever the reason they leave me cold. Nevertheless, I cannot claim to be in the majority so this post is in.

So late stage Generation X, then abbreviated to Gen X, January 1981. See what you think.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-gZEVTPztPC

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-xVZr66q9Fa

01. Triumph
02. Dancing With Myself
03. Cathy Go Home
04. Girls
05. Anna Smiles
06. Stars Look Down
07. Flash As Hell
08. Psych Beat
09. Modern Girls
10. Revenge
11. What Do You Want?
12. Triumph
13. Happy People
14. Listen
15. Gimme Some Truth

1 comment:

  1. Flac with zero quality ~21 kbps mp3. I know no free lunch. This kind of sites are over. Fuck youtube an so on!

    ReplyDelete