Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Wednesday 28 July 2021

Buzzcocks Brixton Academy London 9th December 1989

 


Like the 'Go For It Again' reunion of the last line up of Stiff Little Fingers in December 1987, the announcement that the classic line-up of Buzzcocks (Shelley, Diggle, Garvey and Maher) would be 'Telling Friends' on tour in the UK in December 1989 was like a gift out of the blue for a 20 year old punk desperately trying to catch up as best he could. In truth, perhaps the announcement was not so much out of the blue. As I seem to recall, some months prior, Steve Diggle's band 'Flag Of Convenience' (FOC) mysteriously appended 'Buzzcocks' to their gig ads in the music press, becoming 'Buzzcocks FOC'. At this point the rumour grapevine started to vibrate.

I was at this particular gig and it certainly did not disappoint, the bands talent shone though despite the passage of eight years apart. The same can be said of the line-up's performance at 2012's 'Front To Back' gigs where punk's Fab Four stole the show, despite an even greater gap of 20 plus years!


FLAC: https://we.tl/t-3gniXnM7Sc


01. I Don't Know What to Do With My Life
02. I Don't Mind
03. Love You More
04. Promises
05. Why She's a Girl From the Chainstore
06. Autonomy
07. Nothing Left
08. Moving Away From the Pulsebeat
09. Noise Annoys
10. You Say You Don't Love Me
11. E.S.P.
12. Late for the Train
13. Why Can't I Touch It?
14. Everybody's Happy Nowadays
15. Harmony in My Head
16. What Do You Know?
17. What Do I Get?
18. Fast Cars
19. Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)
20. I Believe
21. Oh Shit!
22. Orgasm Addict
23. Boredom


1 comment:

  1. Should be "Walking Distance" for song number 12, not "Late For The Train".

    ReplyDelete