Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 22 May 2023

Orebro Konserthuset Sweden 7th May 1978

 


So, rounding of my belated mini-'Black And White' thread and since it was pointed out that the band's appearance in the Swedish city of Orebro was missing from the site I asked DomP is he had a good version as mine was kaput. Sure enough Dom had it and had done some tidying up of the files, including speed correction. The result sounds pretty damn good to me. 

Just 5 days before the release of their new album, The Stranglers were back in Sweden and just as belligerent, if not more so, than on their visit the previous year. At the beginning, Hugh addresses the audience in Swedish (I would be interested to know just what it was that he said to them). Elsewhere in the gig he berates the crowd for being boring and static... 'You're sitting on your fuckin' arses like its some TV show, yeah!'

Many thanks to Dom for a gem!

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-XDz7HjpKRN

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-907rvMXEQ6


 

2 comments:

  1. It's a brilliant gig! The original digital files in circulation ran so slow... the taperr must have used fast equipment and transferred on some slower top notch gear. A true classic! speed matched to official released tracks such as nubiles and change from battersea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I uploaded a different version of this, speed corrected only, to dimeazoen.org

    ReplyDelete