Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 20 December 2020

Ruts DC Electracoustic Volume One Available Now

 

Times are hard.... the pubs are shut, but my problems pale into insignificance when you consider the thousands of bands that have been unable to play in 2020. I cannot imagine the frustration right now for those musicians that we have grown up with that have long since lost the backing of record companies and are out there own their own.

I don't mean this to sound like a passage from Oliver Twist but Ruts DC are just one of the many bands in this predicament and yet they have managed to produce an acoustic album of the songs that we know and love. 

A bit late for Christmas I know, but nevertheless treat yourself... after all, if you are south of the Watford Gap you're not leaving the house any time soon anyway so what have you got to lose!

https://rutsdc.com/electracoustic

No comments:

Post a Comment