Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 3 February 2019

The Specials 100 Club London 1st February 2019


It has been a long time coming and much discussed but here is The Specials at London's 100 Club. I only got the album on Friday, so right now the jury is out. For sure it is different and reasonably so it should be...... what does a rewriting of The Specials achieve? I will no doubt share my thoughts in the coming days.

In the meantime here are the band from Friday's performance in London. I would be interested in your thoughts.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-lSQSIcjBk5

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-xifaCxaTrk

01. Intro
02. Vote For Me
03. Do Nothing
04. Stereotype
05. Man At C & A
06. Black Skin Blue Eyed Boy
07. Gangsters
08. Ten Commandments
09. Rat Race
10. Embarrassed By You
11. Breaking Point
12. A Message To You
13. Blam Blam Fever
14. Nite Klub
15. Monkey Man
16. Ghost Town

7 comments:

  1. nice one mate,just downloaded and going to listen to it any time now .thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far so good mate, vote for me sounds wonderful.i love it.ive posted a link to this post on my blog,as many people as possible need to hear this!cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. many thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this.. had no idea it was happening...as I'm sure I've told you .. i was a 2-Tone boy back in the 80s and saw them at the Rainbow in May 1980. In credible. Will be interesting to hear what they're doing now....ta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well.. an interesting gig. Love the Strangler-esque messsing up and restarting of a couple of songs. Where they know the material the band is tight.. in fact sometimes too tight. No sure I like the drumming and the keyboards are not that interesting... but they do a great job on the More Specials tunes, Stereotype sounds better than I've heard it before. Surprised at the number of covers they've packed the new album with.... and very spooky as Black Skinned Blue Eyed Boys was my favourite song of all time when I was about eight! We had the 7-inch single and used to play it to death!

    ReplyDelete