Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 1 June 2017

20 From '84(5) The Anti-Nowhere League The Savoy London 1st March 1984


By 1984 punk was struggling, the anarcho scene lost its 'leaders'..... I know , I know, anarchists right, when Crass fulfilled their plan to disband in 1984. Street punks last roar, in the form of UK '82 had become rather out of date and in general the punk scene looked rather wan.

However, the bands were still gigging but another direction was called for. I remember being as jealous as hell when my mate Adam went to see The League in 1984. However, with the 'Out On The Wasteland' single of the time they were clearly looking to appeal to a more rock and power pop kind of audience.

Here they are live in London in March 1984.

WAV: https://we.tl/GTsiIUstz4

01. For You
02. Snowman
03. We Will Survive
04. Branded
05. The Last Dance
06. Queen And Country
07. Going Down
08. West Side Of Town
09. Streets Of London (Cut)
10. The Russians Are Coming
11. On The Waterfront
12. Let’s Break The Law
13. Can’t Stand Rock ‘N’ Roll
14. Let The Country Feed You
15. So What
16. Woman
17. We Are The League

No comments:

Post a Comment