Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 15 March 2015

Spectrum Montreal Quebec 9th April 1983


Here is a newly circulated (to the best of my knowledge) recording that has surfaced from the North American leg of the mammoth Feline tour. Many thanks to the original Dime uploader (boyerlaurier) to putting this up. This being a gig in French speaking territory 'La Folie' made a welcome return into the set.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-9vk2E0EcOq

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-Ezkx3G9QPm

01. Intro
02. Nuclear Device
03. Toiler On The Sea
04. Ships That Pass In The Night
05. It's A Small World
06. Just Like Nothing On Earth
07. No More Heroes
08. Who Wants The World?
09. Never Say Goodbye
10. Baroque Bordello
11. Golden Brown
12. Princess Of The Street
13. Midnight Summer Dream
14. European Female
15. Tramp
16. The Raven
17. Duchess
18. London Lady
19. La Folie


2 comments:

  1. nothing to do with this post but a question have you got heard of written in red demos I never have but on sale on ebay ? wouldn't mind hearing if you can help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at this show and took photos of it, but the best photos were confiscated by The Stranglers when I tried to sell them to CBS records when I went to England later in 1983. :-(

    ReplyDelete