Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Monday 1 January 2024

Ruts DC Der Hof Dusseldorf 15th November 2023

 


Gunta and I had the highest of hopes to get to this gig (or any of the European gigs for that matter, but this one in particular). We are fairly regular visitors to Cologne but have not paid a visit to Dusseldorf for quite a few years now, since Gunta's aunt Margot died and we had to sort out her 'estate' as well as funeral arrangements. A word of advice to all those people of my age and above... get a will sorted. On the occasion of her aunt's passing Gunta had to negotiate all of the necessary arrangements under German law which was a challenge and a half for a relative without a will! Here, all of these years on, we are still extremely grateful to a guy called Peter who also happens to be the person responsible for the sharing of this great record of the band's gig at Der Hof.

I have said it with every post I make on Ruts DC, but they are like a gigging machine and when they are not on stage they are preparing their next release in rehearsal or in the studio. It is an impressive work rate that this trio have going. It makes the UK Subs look like slackers!

A great career spanning set and I just love 'Despondency' being in the set.


FLAC: https://we.tl/t-8Xe5fTUBRx

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-aVndqOaqKO

Ruts DC in Dusseldorf
15th November 2023
(Photo: Ashley Greb)


1 comment:

  1. happy new year. ruts d.c. for beginning , that will be good thanks

    ReplyDelete