Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Thursday 29 December 2022

Fun Boy Three Mayfair Suite Newcastle 23rd March 1983

 

There are not so many recordings of Fun Boy Three gigs in circulation, just a handful really and this is one of the better ones from the promotional tour for the second album 'Waiting' in Newcastle. Thanks to the original Dime uploader elegymart. Further details on the recording can be found in the info file in the download folder.

FLAC: https://we.tl/t-tXR9BsyAEe

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-WTqKsLazSP

01.  Introduction
02.  Faith, Hope And Charity 
03.  The Pressure Of Life (Takes The Weight Off The Body) 
04.  The Telephone Always Rings 
05.  The Farmyard Connection 
06.  Best Of Luck Mate 
07.  Going Home 
08.  The Lunatics (Have Taken Over The Asylum
09.  Things We Do 
10.  Alone 
11.  Well Fancy That! 
12.  Summertime 
13.  Our Lips Are Sealed 
14.  The Tunnel Of Love 
15.  We're Having All The Fun 
16.  Gangsters 
17.  It Ain't What You Do 
18.  Murder She Said 
19.  The More I See (The Less I Believe) 
20.  You're Wondering Now 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for this, it sounds slightly different to the copy I already have.
    I was at this gig and blagged myself and a mate a invite to the end of tour after party where we were lucky enough to meet the whole band, it is the only time I met Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have seen FB3. Highly underated in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete