Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Saturday 6 July 2019

The Apollo Glasgow 28th May 1978


Find of the year! Very, very occasionally something special crops up.... a missing link in the audio history of our chosen band.... and this is just one such occasion. My mate Dom P brought this to my attention this evening. Not much ever emerged from the band's gigs in 1978, arguably their most punk years (in sound and belligerence in attitude to all you stood in their way or posed a perceived threat to the band). Couple that with the release of an album that many consider to be their finest and statement on vinyl. We now have the finest document of the initial 'Black & White' tour!

With sincere thanks to DomP and the guys at Rescued Recordings from the Glasgow Apollo!


FLAC: https://we.tl/t-GIuZBkgcgf

Artwork: https://we.tl/t-gxgDJ02meH

01. Something Better Change
02. Down In The Sewer
03. Peasant In The Big Shitty
04. Princess Of The Streets
05. Dead Ringer
06. Hanging Around
07. Sometimes
08. Ugly
09. I Feel Like A Wog
10. London Lady
11. Go Buddy Go
12. Curfew
13. Tank
14. Outside Tokyo
15. Nice ‘N’ Sleazy
16. Threatened
17. Do You Wanna?
18. Death And Night And Blood
19. Sweden
20. Toiler On The Sea
21. 5 Minutes
22. No More Heroes

4 comments:

  1. Thanx 4 this,much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Apollo couldn't have been the easiest venue to bootleg in as the bouncers were total cunts. The bootleggers should get medals for valour if you ask me
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gem! Great sound, great setlist, great performance. Still hoping for a recording of my first Stranglers gig (Brussels 1978)...
    Krisinblack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon to be all over the internet I reckon!

    ReplyDelete