Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 29 April 2018

Elvis Costello (With The Imposters) Live at the BBC Radio Theatre London 28th April 2002


Here's a man like so many others that at least in part owes his success to the vibrant London pub rock scene of the mid to late seventies. Clearly a very talented man Costello has written some of the greatest songs in the English songbook...... a few of them appear in this BBC radio broadcast from 2002.

FLAC: https://we.tl/7cccn3lWod

01. 45
02. Waiting For The End Of The World
03. Watching The Detectives
04. Spooky Girlfriend
05. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
06. When I Was Cruel No. 2
07. Man Out Of Time
08. Dust 2
09. Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)
10. Alibi
11. You Belong To Me
12. Pump It Up

No comments:

Post a Comment