Aural Sculptors - The Stranglers Live 1976 to the Present


Welcome to Aural Sculptors, a blog aimed at bringing the music of The Stranglers to as wide an audience as possible. Whilst all of the various members of the band that have passed through the ranks since 1974 are accomplished studio musicians, it is on stage where the band have for me had their biggest impact.

As a collector of their live recordings for many years I want to share some of the better quality material with other fans. By selecting the higher quality recordings I hope to present The Stranglers in the best possible light for the benefit of those less familiar with their material than the hardcore fan.

Needless to say, this site will steer well clear of any officially released material. As well as live gigs, I will post demos, radio interviews and anything else that I feel may be of interest.

In addition, occasionally I will post material by other bands, related or otherwise, that mean a lot to me.

Your comments and/or contributions are most welcome. Please email me at adrianandrews@myyahoo.com.


Sunday 5 November 2017

20 From '86 (2) The Ramones First Avenue Minneapolis 27th July 1986

Johnny being Johnny 1986

1986 saw the Ramones touring (no great surprise there) on the back of their new album 'Animal Boy'. Many think that The Ramones at this stage had nothing more to offer, but in my opinion it is a solid album. The highlight of this gig for me is Dee Dee's 'Love Kills', a great song and the band's musical tribute to those other punk junkies, Sid and Nancy.

Sid was a punk rock king
Nancy was a broken queen
Their lives were so glamorous
Sid and Nancy were a mess
When you're hooked on heroin
Don't you know you'll never win
Drugs don't ever pay
You really did it your way
Love kills (x3)

We still believe in anarchy
It makes me so damn angry
Sid and Nancy meant a lot to me
You may be dead but your souls are free
Like Romeo and Juliet
You two made a pact of death
Like the needle that ya used
Sid and Nancy were born to lose
Love kills (x3)

Sid never meant any harm
He shot some dope into his arm
All he wanted was some fun
Now she's lying in a pool of blood
Always loaded, always high
Why did you have to die?
I'll say one thing is
It leaves me with a bitter taste
Love kills (x9)

Many thanks to to person who kindly shared this with me for this site!


MP3 (as received): https://we.tl/CYGeMZBu44

01. Teenage Lobotomy
02. Psycho Therapy
03. Blitzkrieg Bop
04. Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?
05. Freak Of Nature
06. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
07. Rock 'N' Roll High School
08. I Wanna Be Sedated
09. The KKK Took My Baby Away
10. Crummy Stuff
11. Loudmouth
12. Love Kills
13. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
14. Glad To See You Go
15. Surfin' Bird
16. Cretin Hop
17. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
18. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
19. Pinhead
20. Chinese Rock
21. Somebody Put Something In My Drink
22. Rockaway Beach
23. Do You Wanna Dance?
24. California Sun

25. We're A Happy Family

No comments:

Post a Comment